Vogue Scandinavia is looking for a talented Picture Editor to join our Stockholm team.
The role involves selecting and editing images to enhance the visual experience of Vogue Scandinavia. The role will predominantly be working with the online asset but will also involve picture curation and selection for print, social media and commercial campaigns. Duties will include brainstorming creative concepts with editors, selecting images, coordinating photography assignments, managing budgets and obtaining copyright permissions. It also involves a hands-on approach to the website, producing stories and helping with homepage curation. The role will also be responsible for creating and championing Vogue Scandinavia’s visual identity. Editing skills and proficiency in editing tools like Photoshop are a must.
The successful candidate should be passionate about the latest fashion trends, have a love for photography, have a strong eye for detail, understand how to source an image in a timely manner and be able to bring creative ideas to life. This person will be responsible for liaising with external agencies and writers, as well as being hands-on and working for various parts of the business. The role calls for a very well organised and energetic professional who can ensure the production of high-quality work appears on all Vogue Scandinavia’s assets. The Picture Editor will work closely with our Digital Editor and design team.
- Work closely with the digital and print editorial team to ensure stories are illustrated with images that align with Vogue Scandinavia’s style.
- Enhance the Vogue Scandinavia readers’ experience through visual storytelling
- Source images from a variety of agencies in a timely manner
- Use editing tools to edit and enhance images for use
- Make sure all images are captioned correctly and we have rights to use the images
- Produce and upload digital stories into the CMS for publishing on the Vogue Scandinavia website
- Liaise and commission photographer for shoots and stories on both the print and digital assets
- Take charge of visual identity across digital products
Skills & Qualifications
- First-class ability to source and find appropriate images to tell a story that reflects the Vogue Scandinavian visual identity
- Strong Photoshop and/or Canva skills
- Strong knowledge of image banks and agencies like Getty, Snapper
- Understand copywrite law when it comes to images
- Basic graphic design skills would be a plus
- Photography skills would be a plus
- Ability to use a CMS and produce digital stories
- Good understanding of how pictures tell a story and work with text
- Good eye for what makes a picture stand out online
- Social media experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of the fashion industry
- Ability to work in a self-directed style
- Ability to work on deadline in a fast-paced environment
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the fields of photography and/or fashion
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Experience in coordinating photo shoots
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in editorial or design positions
- Strong contacts within the industry on both a local and international level
- Experience with MS Office, InDesign, Photoshop, or other publishing tools is an advantage.
- Writing and editing skills are desirable
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Passionate about the latest fashion trends with interest in fashion magazines
- Experience in working with photography, fashion journalism and picture agencies
- Proven track record of creating a brand’s visual identity through image selection
Please apply with a CV and Cover Letter