Vogue Scandinavia is looking for an experienced and creative Editorial Manager for the Stockholm office.
Are you passionate about high-class narrative fashion journalism and about building Vogue Scandinavia’s brand to new heights in print and digital? You might be who we are looking for.
The Editorial Manager will supervise and oversee the editorial production, from idea generation to publication. A successful candidate should be passionate about journalism, the latest fashion trends, and be able to bring their creative ideas to life. The Editorial Manager must be highly organized with excellent communication skills. They will have to work with teams, not only in the main Stockholm office, but also with freelance journalists in the Nordic including; Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Finland.
You must ensure quality, tone, language as well as media law and journalistic principles are being adhered to in accordance with Condé Nast and Vogue Scandinavia's policies. You will have the primary responsibility for all planning of content for Vogue Scandinavia across print and digital.
The Editorial Manager will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief to ensure high-quality contact is constantly being released.
- Organize, supervise and delegate a team
- Plan both editorial work and advertising layouts
- Write articles for both print and digital
- Edit and oversee articles
- Keep up with the latest news in fashion, culture, and creative industry
- Consistently creating interesting, high-quality content
- Deciding on story ideas and themes
- Write flawless copy on deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding and knowledge of different traffic sources to ensure we are reaching our target group on the relevant channels
Skills & Qualifications
- In-depth knowledge of not only the fashion industry but the creative industry as a whole such as living, beauty, interior, culture, and design, etc.
- Experience as a Fashion Editor working on both print and digital
- Strong organizational skills, a self-directed work style, and excellent communication and leadership skills
- Strong editing skills with an excellent portfolio
- A minimum of 7 years of writing and editing experience
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Experience of working or studying overseas
- Bachelors in Journalism or English related field
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must have magazine experience not only freelance
- Experience in a managerial position
- Able to work on complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- A high energy level, not afraid to take on the challenge which come with building a business from the start
- Strong organisation and planning skills, you will be able to manage other writers and freelancers remotely as well as be able to plan the editorial calendar
- Hands-on experience with MS Office, InDesign, Photoshop, or other publishing tools
- Passionate about the latest trends not only in fashion and be able to bring their creative ideas to life
- Masters in Journalism or English related field
- Native English speaker
Please apply with a CV and Cover Letter