Vogue Scandinavia is looking for a creative Design Director for our Stockholm team who is willing to work across all disciplines and produce content for digital and video format as well as for print. The Design Director will lead and manage the internal graphic and visual design team and will be the point of contact for selection of external creative partners. Our Design Director needs to have outstanding conceptual abilities and art direction skills as well as a profound knowledge of the digital landscape. This person will work closely with the graphic design team. Our ideal candidate is an expert in all industry-relevant software and graphic design tools and is excited by complex projects.
- Create, develop and execute visual communication channels, in line with Vogue Scandinavia’s creative vision and direction.
- Develop and maintain an engaging visual message that allows Vogue Scandinavia to speak directly to the target audience globally.
- Define and present new ideas, concepts, and inspiration on an ongoing basis by closely following the latest industry-relevant benchmarks and trends.
- Organize and supervise a team.
- Be responsible for teams’ financials and budget.
- Consistently create interesting, high-quality content.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of design experience
- Senior art direction experience
- Higher education in graphic design and art
- Strong organizational skills, a self-directed work style and excellent communication skills
- Strong creative mind
- Ability to work on complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- An online portfolio demonstrating strong visual design skills and advertising experience across a range of media and platforms, along with work that reflects your design process
- Well-versed in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop (Sketch, Figma, After Effects, and Premiere a plus)
- Skills using Maxon Cinema 4D, Da Vinci Resolve, or other similar motion graphics software
- Working knowledge of English
- Passionate about quality design and the latest trends in visual communication
- Experience in fashion or advertising
- Experience from creating UI design, wireframe UX flows, and prototyping designs for mobile, touchscreen, and other platforms
- Experience in a leadership position
Please apply with a CV, Cover Letter and portfolio